Spray Tan Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to do before I Spray Tan?
The day before you spray tan, THOROUGHLY exfoliate your body . This is necessary to remove all dead skin cells and will help your tan to last longer. If you shave or wax, this should also be done the day before. On the day of your appointment, do not wear deodorants, make up, lotions, creams or gels on your skin. These can act as a barrier to the solution, so keep skin totally clean.
How long will my Spray Tan last?
Spray tanning only affects the outer layer of skin. As your skin cells naturally shed, the spray tan will fade. Your spray tan should last 5-7 days, with an average of about a week. Moisturizing is key to maintaining your tan.
How does Spray Tanning work?
Your body is sprayed with the Infinity Sun solution that contains DHA (DiHydroxyAcetone), a colorless sugar which reacts with the Amino acids in the layers of your skin and over a period of a few hours turns brown.
Is Spray Tanning safe?
Yes! DHA has been approved for cosmetic use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Canadian Health Ministry and most of the EU member nations. It is considered nontoxic and noncarcinogenic. DHA based Sunless tanning has been recommended by the Skin Cancer Organization, American Academy of Dermatology, Canadian Dermatology Association, The American Cancer Society and the American Medical Association.
Can anyone Spray Tan?
Most people are suitable to have a spray tan. We suggest that pregnant women, those with severe asthma or diabetes and nut allergies please consult a physician before spray tanning.
Is Spray Tanning messy or smelly?
No. The Infinity Sun sprayer produces a very precise spray and any overspray is caught in the booth. There is a faint scent which will go away after your first shower.
What should I wear for my Spray Tan?
You can wear as much or as little as you like. For men we require wearing dark swim trunks or dark colored boxer shorts. For women, we suggest wearing a dark bikini or g-string. However, women are perfectly welcome to tan topless or nude so you won’t have any tan lines.
Will I get orange or streaky with a Spray Tan?
No, absolutely not! Orangeness is the result of tanning pills, and older tanning agents. A professional spray tan with modern tanning agents avoids this, and streaks are caused by improper application of home tanning creams and sprays, which is why you should always let a professional apply your spray tan.
What should I do after I Spray Tan?
Follow these simple rules to have your spray tan last as long as possible…
- Wear loose dark colored clothing after you spray tan.
- Do not shower/bathe/swim or get wet for at least 8 hours as this can remove some of the tanning solution before it has had a chance to fully develop causing streaks.
- The first night, it is best to wear dark colored pajamas or dark baggy loose clothing in order to prevent disturbing your tan from fully developing and also to protect your sheets (do not sleep in silk sheets as these Will Stain!!!).
- When you do shower after your spray tan, you may notice some brown staining in the water. Do not panic! Your tan is not washing off!!! This is just the dye washing off revealing your tanned skin underneath.
- Avoid soaking in the bath as this encourages the sloughing off of dead skin cells which will increase the fading of your spray tan.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine will increase the fading of the spray tan.
- Moisturize every day (preferably twice) with a hydrating lotion in order to keep your skin and tan in tip top condition.